Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April Smash Book Challenge: It's all about the firsts!

The smash team has come up with a great challenge for this month.  They chose to showcase a page dedicated to "firsts".  The "first" can be anything and completely up to you!

Our guest designer this month is Marion!  She completely rocked this challenge!

My name is Marion Esposito, I’m 47 years old and live in Northern Virginia.  I was born in sunny California and I have to admit, I miss the weather!  I have always loved art growing up, and kept a journal since I was about 9 years old.  Over the years I have discovered that there are many ways to document your life aside from just writing in a book.  There is Art Journaling, Project Life, Smash Books, Photo Journaling, Illustrative Journaling, Gluebooks, to name few, and I do all of them!

For this challenge as a Guest Designer, I was given the topic, “First Day.”  The most significant thing I could think of was the first day I became a Nana to my wonderful grandchildren.  I’ll never forget what it was like to hold each one of them for the first time.  I designed a Smash Book layout showing the first day in the hospital and the joy I continue to experience with both them. 

I am married to a man who suffers with PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury.  Art Journaling for me has been an outlet, a creative way to express how I’m feeling and provides the therapy I need to get through the difficult days.  I am grateful to be able to share what I love with you all and hope that you find inspiration to explore what you love as well.


  

Now for our fantastic Design Team ladies!


Billie-Jean
"First day of  a new school and year"


"First day at the barber shop"

1 comment:

  1. Love your pages, Marion!! What cute grandkids you have!

    ReplyDelete