Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Documenting December Pocket Style

When I decided to tackle a daily/weekly project for the Christmas season this year, I knew that it would be best to use a pocket style album. I am using a kit + my stash this year.
I mixing in some larger pages to include photos and memorabilia as the season goes on. What a better title page than these two little reindeer? My toddler and I are having a blast creating handimals and feetimals on the weekends as filler for my album. Someday, it will be fun to look back on how little her feet and hands were. 
Using an envelope is a great way to add extra journaling. I can add more tags if I want to as time goes on...
I love to include tiny photos and a journaling tag on my cards- it helps me to tell the small stories that happen throughout each day. 
Lastly, I used some patterned paper to add an extra inch of width (2.5 inches of paper folded and then glued to the envelope) so that I could punch holes and not interfere with the card's ability to slide fully into the envelope. This is how I added this year's Christmas card into my album. 

How do you document your holiday season? Do you include it in your PL/Smash album or dedicate a separate album for the season? Or both?

How you do include memorabilia in your albums? 

Thanks for stopping by!
*Rachel*

No comments:

Post a Comment